It is no secret that these days any business that wants to become successful must have an online presence. Having an online presence is not just about creating a website and then putting content there than sitting back and waiting for clients to come your way. If you want your website to rank highly in the search engines and for it to be loved by the readers, you must employ the best SEO strategies.
And this all boils down to the creation of website content that must be both engaging and also captures the imagination of the readers or the website’s visitors. The competition that exists for web content writers today is all about quality content and less about technical know-how. You can always find highly qualified freelance content writers looking for proofreading jobs to hire to help you.
In this article, we take a detailed look at the 14 SEO copywriting tips to impress both search engines and readers:
- Ensure your headline is well optimized – the headline of your page forms one of the most important facets of your SEO content creation task. It’s the headline that will make the first impression on potential visitors doing searches via Google or any other search engine. If the headline is well crafted, it will appeal to the visitor to click on your link. The poorly written headline is a turn off to potential visitors who will move to other sites featuring content they are looking for.
- Do on-page optimization – on-page optimization is critical in making sure your content is checking all the important SEO boxes. If you fail to do this, even if your writing is superb, it will not appeal to Google and therefore won’t rank high in the search results. All you need to in order to achieve this is including all the relevant keywords in important places. It is also important to optimize the title tag and the Meta description. Some of the sites that provide great on page optimizations are as follows.
SproutSocial – Why is this site considered exceptional?
- It has a strong, non-branded and to the point H1 tag
- It makes great use of the H3 tag
- There is a clear-cut call to action that is being addressed.
MuleSoft – Why is this site considered exceptional?
- It has a strong H1 tag
- Keywords properly optimized
- There is a prominent call to action being made.
CloudBreakers – Why is this site considered exceptional?
- There is a direct and straightforward call to action
- There is a strong secondary call to action made as well
HubSpot – Why is this site considered exceptional?
- It has a strong, non-branded and to the point H1 tag
- It has a concise and good description of the product.
- It has a strong H2 tag
OpenHallway – Why is this site considered exceptional?
- It has a strong H1 tag with proper optimization of primary keywords
- There is a prominent call to action being made.
- Increase the readability of your content with sub-headlines, bullets, and short paragraphs – by having sub headlines your content will not only guide the readers but will also describe it on the search engines. Add bullets, numbered lists or short paragraphs of 2-3 sentences long. This helps to increase the readability of the content. Of course, when you have content that visitors find easy to read and understand, you easily turn such readers into a loyal audience, and they consequently will reference your content. This result of this will be an increase in your SEO rankings. If you need help getting a professional writer service, you can always do an online search, and you should be able to easily find one.
Based on a long-term analysis done, some of the techniques to enhance the readability are,
- Always try using a serif font like Times New Roman or Garamond for the body text of an article. This helps in bringing the rapid movement in a user’s eyes. This is the prime reason why most of the newspapers are composed using a serif font.
- If you know that the article is about to be read only on a computer, then make use of sans-serif font like Arial. This is because the human eyes are most comfortable with this font.
- It is a well-researched fact that most of the readers do not prefer paragraphs that contain longer than nine lines in a print document and longer than four lines on a screen document.
- For the ideas to appear organized in an article, we need to insert a “talking subhead” between every four paragraphs.
- In the business world, indenting a paragraph is out of date.
More information can be obtained when you surf online for tips.
- Put in keywords strategically – your objective to put up content on the web is to communicate your idea to readers and appeal to them. For this, it doesn’t make sense for you to stuff keywords in the content aimlessly. Too much keyword stuffing in the content can even prevent you from expressing your ideas clearly. The bottom word here is to stay focused just on the topic and only use related keywords that are rel0evant.
- Make use of Meta descriptions – this help to increase the reach of your content to potential clients and therefore taking your time to include a Meta description is a great way of achieving this.
The need to use a Meta description in your page is very simple – it is to get the user searching on Google to end up to your own link. For this, follow the below tips:
- Always use the right length of words in the Meta Description, which explains what a reader is expected to obtain from the page and it should be within the limit of 155 characters.
- Use Active voice. Let the description be encouraging and direct so that it grabs the attention of a user.
- Try to comprise a call-to-call action, which will benefit you on a high note and try including the specifications that you want the user to know.
- Include the use of external links – Just don’t concentrate on your content alone, another great way to appeal to search engines is by using external links to other authority sites. This helps you to even elaborate what you are trying to convey to the reader if they can get it on other sites or trusted blogs.
The prime use of an external link is to point at any domain apart from the domain that is originally existing on the actual source.
The two main reasons why the external links are significant are-
In terms of measurement, the external links are stable and comparatively an easier measure. This is because the external links are more publicly accessible and visible. Hence, to determine the web page’s popularity external link is considered as the main factor.
The external links that offer relevancy are extremely valuable for all the search engines. The anchor text that is being written is tremendously reflective of the content to which a page is linked.
- Include the use of internal links – These are links highlighted within the content that lead to another page on the same website. This is always done to help refer the visitor to another page where there is information about a given product or service. When this is done correctly, the website not only appeals to the reader but to the search engines as well.
It is highly important for your site’s SEO to validate and enhance the internal linking techniques on a day-to-day basis. On adding the proper internal links, you can be confident that Google understands,
- The page relevance
- Link between the pages
- The worth of a page
It can be simply be achieved by hyperlinking (using Ctrl + K) a relevant text or a keyword in one of the pages of your website to another relevant page of the same website.
- Organize your content well – content that is well organized is easy for the reader to read and digest. Just make sure that you optimize the content is such a way that it is easy for both the eye and mind to consume.
- Use subheadings – have section titles that are well laid out and containing relevant information that you are talking about. Subheadings help to break up your content and thus making it easier for the readers to grasp your ideas. Subheadings also help to highlight the points that you are putting down in your content and thus readers find your content quite easy to read. Contents that don’t have subheadings are just too cumbersome to read, and most readers will exit such content because they appear boring just from the onset.
In an article, subheadings act as the guide or manual to the user who is going through it. Subheadings convey what a section of the content is about. Without this, the users would not know what to anticipate in a text. In addition, if the user gets lost, subheadings help them to get back on track.
Some of the authors tempt the users to proceed further in an article with the help of attractive subheadings. It also acts as a huge help in concentrating on the keywords. Make sure, the subheadings are in H2 tag and are always relevant to the main theme of the content and should not deviate the user to something else leading to a high bounce rate.
- You can fuse in media to help get things spicy – well media may not necessarily mean copywriting, but it plays a critical role in search engine optimization copywriting. Videos and images that are well executed within content usually have a powerful influence on the reader’s eye and can make the reader want to learn more about the content.
- Keyword frequency – carefully find ways of cleverly incorporating the keywords in the content but just be sure that you are not keyword stuffing your content. Most search engines don’t usually rank keyword stuffed sites favorably. Here it just means you are being a little intelligent at how you put in your target keywords in your content without overstuffing it with the keywords. Before, online writers compromised the quality of the content that they were creating with keyword stuffing for the sake of high Search Engine Result Pages ranking. The result of this was mediocre content that was all spread in online blogs and websites. Now things have changed, and even though keywords are still important, they actually don’t carry as much SEO weight like they once did. For this, it is important to include your targeted keywords in the article naturally without compromising on the quality of the content. To find out more about this follow this link – http://redshiftwriters.com/2019/04/08/how-to-write-naturally-for-seo/.
- Create content that is useful to people – words are powerful, and it is through words that you can be able to move your audience. Most of the time people are looking for content that is able to help them solve their issues, get what they are seeking or just get informed. For this, it is important that create content that is meaningful to the readers. You should just use your words carefully and wisely and this way you will actually get more traffic to your website. Read more here – https://neilpatel.com/blog/simple-guide-to-seo/.
- Create informational keywords – by making your keywords informational, you will be setting up your content up for more clicks from readers. People are usually more inclined to try and click on links they perceive to contain the information that they are looking for. For this, it is wise for you to create keywords in your content that is informational, that is keywords that carry information that readers are seeking.
By using this technique, you will be able to prove and validate a significant strategy on the keywords, which will help the users get the articles containing the keywords for which they had searched for in the search engines.
Informational keywords are used in blog titles which start with modifier such as “how to…”, “tips on…”, “learn…”, “tutorial on…”, “guide to…” and so on.
An example could be – “how to get relief of abdomen pain” or “tips on freelancing” etc.
- Tell a good story in your content – being a good storyteller can set you apart from the rest of the crowd. This is because human beings like to read about good stories and if you can do this better then voila you get visitors! Just ensure that the stories you put across are related to what you want your visitors to learn about you or your business. Good stories are captivating and will help to drive traffic to your blog or website as many people will want to get a glimpse of the story you are giving.
With the above listed 14 copywriting tips, you can easily impress search engines as well as readers and achieve more. Just ensure that you don’t overstuff keywords in your content such that the relevance of the content is overshadowed.
Double Your Growth.
We curate the best of inbound marketing news and send over the top 10 we know will contribute to your growth - once a month.