There are a number of good things that have happened since social media platforms have become global players. People from all around the world are now connected to each other via the social media platforms. People share information that is of educational value, entertainment and for many other personal and business reasons. In the SEO industry, this has helped websites and brand to be able to reach an even bigger audience.
Even though the world has got closer with the help of the social media platforms, which is a good thing, the effects of these platforms have not necessarily been positive on immediate connections and relationships. People are spending far too much time on sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, that they barely spare time to be with their family or friends. They spend more time in the virtual world than the real world. They communicate with friends over the Internet rather than going out to meet them in person. This has obviously reduced the level of their physical activity which has surely resulted in their deteriorating health, but it is also taking a toll on their relationships. Husbands spend more time on Facebook than talking to their wives and vice versa.
There is no way in the current world that one could survive professionally or personally without being a part of the social media platforms. Therefore we need to find ways to manage our time and to reduce the time we take to share and receive updates from the social media platforms. One of the main reasons why social media takes a lot of time is the usage of multiple platforms by a single person. This is actually a requirement as not all of your friends might be on a single platform. You might need to connect with people on LinkedIn when it comes to professional reasons and you might need to connect with people on Facebook when it comes to personal reasons, and then there is Twitter and many other similar platforms. The world of SEO is a place where people use different social media networks, which is effective in getting the job done, but can be really taxing on personal relationships and time.
Media social media recently published an article of Nicholas Green, and analysis of development of the social game must pay attention to 8-point common sense. The first thing is to consider raising user participation. In addition, commercialization should not be regarded as the sole pursuit of the development of the game.
Social gaming is a huge industry. After all, people have many reasons to develop a social game. Getting huge profits is on the one hand, but never underestimate the well-designed games after having a lot of publicity. With the advent of SEO, these social games have gained more promotion and traffic in search engines, making it very popular and highly profitable.
The formation of brand value, which is a good way to attract new customers, to improve organizational sense of presence and to earn profit.
The development of a social game is not an easy task. It is not as easy as you want, this is not only simplicity to the formation of a team, determine the goals and management team.
If you want to succeed in the high-risk, and competitive social game design, then you must know the following common sense of the development of games:
- Must let users participate: the first law of designing any social games is to make users join, there must be some players always continued to play the game, and there is something to be able to get them back to game at any time. For example, in the social game “Farmville”, crops will wither, which will force players to continue to login in order to ensure that their beloved crop will not be no harvest. This is great, because the player must return to the game from time to time, and they enjoy doing it, there is something let them addictive in the game. No matter what way you use, you have to retain their own users.
- Commercialization should not be the only pursuit: If your game is to achieve socialize, and money should not be your primary concern question – the commercial obsession leads to many social game developer including Zynga toward to the crisis. What’s more, game developers put making money for the primary purpose often failed. After all, the whole mind is full of how to make more money because you cannot concentrate on the important things, which generally make developers get lost.
- Short-term profits should not hinder the long-term benefits: You know how to use the game to make money, the key problem is that you do not fully consider the issue, the end result is you lose some users, and cause adverse impact on the brand.
Generally speaking, if you have ideas in the short term can earn a lot of profit, but long-term it seems to cause some negative impact, it is better not to implement it, which is the main reason of the social game industry now in trouble – everyone are keen to make money, doesn’t consider training of consumer relations or toward a clear goal, all the people are only concerned about the current situation.
- Highly intense market competitions: the field of social games is profitable, but it is also filled with danger. Today, it seems that every company is doing game development, the result is a saturated market, and consumers have too many choices. In order to succeed, your game must be sufficient to attract attention or have unique characteristics. Making and promoting a game that would be able to stand out from the rest of the competition may be easier said than done, but it is an investment that one should be willing to take.
- Unpredictable development environments: social game development environment is changed very rapidly, so that a fully staffed developing team cannot keep up with the speed of change. Users continue to demand more, you need to focus on customer complaints and consider whether they can maintain their enthusiasm. If you’re going to do social game development, you need to invest a lot of time and effort, which are similar to organize a social movement. It is a full-time job.
- Discuss with the advertising partner: encourage people to choose to play your game by cooperation with advertising partners and providing reward, example, when players registered video site Netflix through the social game, provide them with the currency of the game as a reward.
- People will pay for “cool”: if we want a social game commercialization, you do not need to set up obstacles in the game content or let them pay to get an unfair advantage, it is best to give them something to appear cool or gorgeous things, so that they will willingly pay to get, the game “LOL” and “Team Fortress 2” did just that.
- Do not copy other games: Zynga’s decline is the best example. The company’s CEO Mark Pincus publicly declared that he does not like innovation, relying on copying other games to get the user, which is obviously not a good way.
Nicole is a freelance writer. Deeply engaged in studying education topics. She has experience in writing works for famous media and educational blogs. Nicole has her own blog on Blablawriting.com and also helps students with writing essays and dissertations. She believes that the right choice of the topic is 90% success.
Double Your Growth.
We curate the best of inbound marketing news and send over the top 10 we know will contribute to your growth - once a month.